As far as recipes go, Taste of Home has always been my pure supplier. Almost every recipe I’ve tried from the Taste of Home magazine or website has turned out well. I take recipes from anywhere else with a grain of salt. I think this is partially because Taste of Home is so great…I think the other part of it is because I was raised into it. From a young age I can remember my Grandpa and Grandma cooking, always up for trying a new recipe and always taking turns with their hands in the kitchen. Always (or usually) with a Taste of Home recipe…
Creamy Baked Ziti (ToH website)
– 4 cups ziti pasta
– 1 jar (24 ounces) spaghetti sauce
– 1 can (14 – 1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
– 6 ounces cream cheese, cubed
– 3/4 cup sour cream
– 1 package (8 ounces) shredded three cheese
– 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cook pasta in a large saucepan as directed on package, omitting salt. Remove from pan; drain. Meanwhile, add spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and cream cheese to same pan; cook on medium heat 5 min. or until cream cheese is melted and mixture is blended. Stir frequently during this time. Return pasta to pan and mix well.
3. Layer half the pasta mixture into a 13×9 baking dish; cover with layers of source cream, 1 cup cheese and then the remaining pasta mixture. Top with remaining cheese and parmesan.
4. Bake 20 minutes or until heated through.
Personal Suggestions: I also cut up and fried Italian Sausage, mixing it into the sauce before adding the pasta. JR served as my guinea pig on this one and he went back for more – always a good sign! Enjoy!